Keep the good times flowing, minus the dreaded hangover.
I’ve always wanted to be the kind of person who spends long, luxurious hours on their beauty routine—someone who dry brushes, takes indulgent bubble baths, or has a multi-step skin-care regimen with a zillion different serums. But the truth is, that just ain’t me. I’m more of a how-fast-can-I-get-ready kinda gal and I’ve learned to embrace it. To be clear, that doesn’t mean I roll out of bed and settle for looking like a bridge troll every day (okay, at least not every day). Instead, I invest in hair, skin, and nail products that aim to simplify—and shave minutes off—my routine. Sound like something you’d be into, too? Read on for a few streamlined beauty products that will save you precious time, without compromise.
The best streamlined beauty products, at a glance:
- Best nail time-saver: Londontown, Bubble Pink Illuminating Nail Concealer, $20
- Best skin-care time-saver: Sunday Riley, Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment, $43
- Best no-makeup time-saver: Too Faced, Ethereal Light Smoothing Concealer, $28
- Best hair styling time-saver: Sutra Beauty, Professional Blowout Brush, $99
- Best air-dry time-saver: Drybar, Seashore Spritzer Salt-Free Wave Spray, $26
- Best conditioner time-saver: Intelligent Nutrients, Fortifi-hair Leave-in Treatment, $36
- Best shower time-saver: Korres, Olive Oil Shower Gel, $30
What We Looked For
From showering to hair styling, there are plenty of corners to cut in a beauty routine. However, we know that beauty isn’t a one-size-fits-all kind of thing. That’s why we tried to keep this list focused on products anyone can use—they’re safe for all skin and hair types and are beloved by W+G staffers and customers alike. Whether you’re already a minimalist or have an elaborate regimen you’re hoping to trim down, there’s something on this list that will help make your daily body care a little simpler. And we love simple.
Shop 7 of Our Favorite Streamlined Beauty Products
We’re big fans of Londontown’s Kur nail concealers here at W+G, and this bubble pink color is pretty much perfect. Unlike regular nail polish, this concealer aims to—you guessed it—conceal imperfections like dull spots and yellowing. Plus, the formula includes nourishing ingredients like evening primrose oil, porcelain flower extract, garlic bulb extract, and vitamin E. Best of all, it dries quickly (time saver!) and the iridescent sheen makes nails look clean and bright, as if you just strutted out of the salon.
- Nourishing herbal ingredients boost nail health
- Conceals yellowed, dingy nails
- Bright sheen gives a salon finish (without the salon)
- This color (and others) sell out quickly
We’ve written about this Sunday Riley serum a lot, and for good reason. Packed with active ingredients, Good Genes lives up to its “all-in-one” claims. While lactic acid gently exfoliates and improves skin’s texture (bye bye, dark spots and fine lines), lemongrass acts as an antioxidant to protect the skin from pollutants. Toss in aloe vera and arnica to moisturize and reduce inflammation and bam—what could be achieved with three different serums is tackled with just this one.
- Lactic acid provides gentle exfoliation for all skin types
- Okay to use day or night
- Larger sizes can get pricey
If you don’t have time to apply makeup (or just don’t feel like it) but still want to brighten things up, this concealer from Too Faced is for you. Even though it’s a concealer, it’s as light as a serum and glides on effortlessly thanks to an entourage of hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, coconut water, aloe vera, squalane, and daikon seed extract. With 18 different shades to choose from, you’ll find the right color to cover those dark circles with ease.
- Wide selection of color tones
- Lightweight and not cakey
- Includes hydrating hyaluronic acid and squalane
- May not layer as well as other concealers
If you typically use multiple tools to style your hair, blow dryer brushes can be a real game changer, assuming you love the look of a salon-style blowout. This one from Sutra Beauty detangles hair with mixed bristles and uses infrared and ionic technology to dry and style hair at the same time. The ceramic and tourmaline barrel comes in two different sizes (2-inch or 3-inch) and four color options. Plus, this pick is much more affordable than other blow dryer brushes we’ve seen.
- Three heat settings and a 360 degree swivel cord
- Two barrel sizes and four color options
- Uses both ionic and infrared heat
- Only one style option (no attachments)
Want to skip the styling tools altogether? This spray from Drybar will help you achieve beachy waves without the heat. While many other wave sprays use salt to achieve that day-at-the-beach bounce, Seashore Spritzer swaps the salt for sugar to avoid drying out hair. The formula also uses a pliable polymer blend for texture, plus it includes sea kelp and pineapple extract for a healthy dose of antioxidants and minerals. Just scrunch into damp hair and let your locks air dry into tousled waves. Did we mention the coconut smell is absolutely delicious?
- Salt-free formula prevents hair from drying out
- Polymer blend helps with heat-free styling
- Coconut scent might not be for everyone
Hair masks, face masks, foot masks—they all have one thing in common: time. If your hair could use a big drink but you’re not up for the sit-and-wait portion of a deep-conditioning sesh, a leave-in conditioner is a great solution. This leave-in treatment from Intelligent Nutrients hydrates hair with a combination of proteins, shea butter, vitamin E, and organic essential oils like bergamot, orange, and geranium. Just apply to wet hair from root to tip and let the formula get to work while you go about your day.
- Leave-in conditioner hydrates without the wait time
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Packed with proteins, vitamin E, and organic essential oils
- May be too heavy for those with thinner hair
I know it’s good for you, but I rarely moisturize my body after showering. Not only does it take added time, but the feeling of shimmying a pair of jeans over freshly-lotioned legs? Ugh, no thank you. Luckily this hydrating, shower gel from Korres helps me skip that slippery step. The formula uses olive leaf extract, antioxidants, and omega fatty acids to avoid stripping the skin of its moisture. Just lather the wash in your hands, give yourself a good cleanse, and enjoy the feeling of dewy moisture from the second you step out of the shower. It also comes in a variety of different scents, including rosemary, honeysuckle, or velvet rose. Not a scent person? Don’t worry, there’s an unscented option too.
- Hydrating blend of olive leaf extract, vitamins, and amino acids
- Comes in a variety of scents (or unscented)
- Super dry skin may still require lotion
Things To Consider Before Shopping for Streamlined Beauty Products
Where you’d like to save some time
Want to skip that trip to the nail salon? Are you aiming to shave time off your shower routine? The streamlined beauty products above are all intended to help you save time by knocking steps off your regular beauty regimen. Pick what you think will work for your lifestyle and give it a try!
Investment over time
Some of the products on this list are more of a financial investment than others (a blow dryer brush vs. a concealer). Still, they all aim to help simplify your routine and save you time in the long run. That’s something to keep in mind while weighing the costs.
Your skin- and hair-type needs
Just because a beauty product can save you time and cash doesn’t mean it will be right for your unique skin or hair type. Be sure to read the full ingredient list before making a purchase, and keep your eyes peeled for any possible allergens or irritants, especially if you have a skin condition like eczema or psoriasis.